Friday, January 7, 2011

Tomato update and thoughts of direction


Operation Winter Tomatoes seems to be fairly extremely well! This photo was taken on January 3rd, 2011 and I don't have one uploaded anywhere of them today. I will report the plants are very beefy and healthy looking. I think I have to pinch/prune them soon from what I have gathered from an aerogarden message board I lurk on. Maybe next week I'll give them a trim. I'm just so pleased with how they look and I'm dying to taste my first aeroponic tomatoes.

The other little aerogarden has lift off with the Stock and Petunia pods. The Phlox pod was a big dud but that's fine...I got it off of ebay and I have no idea how old the seeds where. I added some Zinnia 'White Profusion' seeds to it a couple of days ago and I know they grow like gang busters in an aerogarden. I have been having bad luck with taking photos with my phone (which took the above photo) with the lighting on the 3 pod one. The photos come out weird with vertical lines across them. So, I'm going to have to use my regular camera I think. That's why I haven't had any update on here with that one. I have to charge the batteries in my camera and I've been lazy with that.

As for the direction in my title, I just heard about this "project 365" from a friend's blog I read. Apparently the deal is you post a photo a day on your blog to represent your life in pics. It's supposedly so you take better and more meaningful photos of things in your life. I'm intrigued by this idea for both this blog and the one I have on Lars' escapades (that I shamelessly ignore.) I'm seriously thinking about trying it. Who knows, maybe tomorrow there will be another blog posting on here with a pic...we'll see.

1 comment:

Bliss said...

It is so much fun to watch the aero garden thrive.