Friday, January 21, 2011

Aerogarden update - Day 12

I'm going to cheat and do two pics because I had a little bit of a busy week this week.

We've had another winter storm warning today and I think we got around 3 or so inches of snow on the ground. Thankfully, this was a lighter snow and it's been pretty easy to shovel. I do like snow but wish it was a little softer out there because it makes for some difficult walking. Lars has been pretty much a shut in with the exceptions of going to rides in the car and walks with Eric.

On this snowy morning, I see peeks of color on my stock in the 3 podder. I just switched over to the liquid fertilizer and I'm very interested to see how much of a change I see in the plants. Those tablets that came with the kit were really bad at dissolving. The petunias have really started to grow and the zinnias are coming along...but they were also planted weeks after these other two pods. I think it will be a pretty little mix when they all start to do their thing.

This is what really makes my smile...tomato blooms. I have the fan on them today and I'll have it on them every day while they are blooming to help them pollinate. I finally pinched them lightly yesterday. The light hood has a couple of more levels it can be raised but figured trying to get them to bush out at this point would be a good thing. I read someplace online that someone had tomatoes in their aerogarden for 14 months. We'll see how long these guys produce for us. Exciting stuff!!

No comments: