Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Friday the 13th!

Not much new in the yard this week...just some new water lilies from ebay (God, I love eBay!) which I'll post some photos and info on when they bloom. But, I'll offer up some random Lake photos.

My favorite koi...not that I play favorites with the "kids". He's the orange and white butterfly koi. That's "Petey" behind him because he has a circle around his eyes like Petey from the Little Rascals. I think he's Eric's favorite.



Here's an unidentified pink Water Lily we got from Piece of Paradise early this spring. I lost the tag so I don't know the variety. It started up blooming about 3 weeks ago and it just keeps cranking out the buds. I think Water Lilies are my new green addiction.




Oh! I'll show off the more productive part of our landscape: the edible garden!


This year we have strawberries, peppers, radishes, watermelons, cukes, beans, a variety of tomatoes, peas, carrots, squash, blueberries, raspberries, Concord grapes, hops, a peach tree, and a bunch of different herbs. So far, we've harvested radishes, herbs, and peas. The squirrels got to the Strawberries before we could. The blueberries aren't as vigorous as last year and we're wondering if they suffered some damage from the wacky winter we had. We'll have to see if they do better next year.

No comments: