Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The latest on the heron and June photos!

Well, after a couple of days of having the pond netted, we haven't seen the heron back or even in the area. Apparently, they do get a clue on if they are unable to catch fish, they will move on. Right now the pond is still netted but we're going to take it off and use it on the blueberries. I think Eric's going to use filament are the edges to help deter any more. If we have a new heron come back, we'll use the nets again. The fish are still pretty spooked and from I can see, I think everyone is still in there which is good. **phew** I did by a couple of little goodies for around Lake Larson. I picked up Dianthus 'Tiny Rubies', a Variegated Armeria, and a wicked cool little ground cover, Acaena inermis 'Purpurea'.

I have finally gotten some time to work out in the yard and get it looking like something. I think I figured out what part of my 'garden apathy' is too this year...Eric and I went crazy for the past 3.5 years outside and I think we both need a break from ripping things apart. He's spent most of this summer on his boat and I have been occupied with the boys. So it's all good. Next year we'll be into it more. Speaking of the boys, Sam's doing much, much better since we've taken him off of all the meds and he's back to eating. We're going to go another 6 weeks with no meds and do more blood work...the vet's wondering if we beat his Cushings into a sort of remission. He's skinny and his coat looks horrible...but he's starting to put some weight on.


On to the flowers!!!
It's not summer without Tiger Lilies (Hemerocallis fulva.)
Coneflower 'Mango Meadowbrite'
An astilbe seedling I had gotten from a client



Daylily 'Lady Eva' who I picked up in honor of my neice Eva!


Asiatic lilies I don't know the variety...another gift from a client's house


Geranium 'Rozanne' - if you get a design done by me, you get this plant. It's awesome, blooms all summer, and is this year's Perennial of the year. Who can go wrong!


The lavender and creeping thyme path leading to Lake Larson


The Monkey

The hot side of the house in heat and color....

No comments: