Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Attack of the Killer Tomato

A couple of weeks back, I posted a photo of my demure little veggie garden. Well, I have to show you what it produced for us. I just about died when I really got a good idea of what I was harvesting!


HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP!!

I thought it was three tomatoes but no...it was this monstrosity! It's an heirloom tomato variety called Brandywine. It weighed in at 2.5 pounds!!! Here are some visual aids for grasping how huge this thing is...




That's a "normal" tomato and a cherry tomato...



and...


That's not an orange...that's a big grapefruit.

Now I have to figure out what recipe will take 2.5 pounds of tomato that isn't tomato sauce. We had that last night, I'm thinking chili.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cris: I grew Brandywines for the first time this year and they are getting big and starting to turn! Not too prolific and not the size of your monster but the color is gorgeous. I can't wait to taste!