Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rhode Island Flower Show 2009!

Yes! I am back at the show for my fourth time as the RINLA exhibit and as a marketplace participant. The theme of the show this year is "Gardens of the World" and our garden is based on Tuscany/Italy. I'm channelling my inner Italian (I'm a quarter Italian!) and came up with this year's design. We're on the second day of the construction at the show site but the building itself has been in the works since December. I've been taking a bunch of photos along the way as we have been building.

The hardscape and the building were the bulk of the work on Sunday (I wasn't there for that) and yesterday. We had gotten a couple of the plants spaced out and planted...but we had to wait for the walkway completion before we got too far.







Today, all of the plant material came from Lake St. Garden Center up in NH. They force a good part of the flowers we use in the exhibit. We tweaked the walkway and the patio a bit today and incorporated another type of block and made a border and some neat features in the patio. So, once the landscapers got that all done, I was able to start placing and planting the remaining plant material. There were some challenges with this exhibit because the layout had changed and I didn't have enough space in some places and too much in others. Some of the plants didn't come and some I had both more and less numbers of what I needed. I followed my plan more or less as a guide and did a lot of designing on the fly. I am pleased with the outcome despite some uncertainty with layout and plants.


I'm going to make another post with more photos...this post is going to be ridiculously long if I don't.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cris, How incredibly beautiful. I've never seen such a beautiful landscape. Susan H.